Sunday, January 25, 2009

Boston All Nighter Wood Stove

Tout a une fin...

Faithful readers, you'll understand the situation in my work was going right.

Confidence threadbare by both other possibilities of salary non-existent (yes, because evolution of responsibilities I do not care a bit, it's money that interests me, not the job: P), in short, my life stagnated in all areas.

I was wondering how to successfully beg for a pay increase under these conditions when suddenly something came to my head.

I had indeed noticed a strange sort of ballet for some time.
Some people whose exasperation point certainly as advanced as mine but not negligible, however, urged him to get up one morning with a sheet in hand, locked in the office of the HRD, in highlighting a smile to the lips unlike their interlocutor rather sad, to return a few days later with the same results masks. I

So one day enjoyed a cigarette break to see what it was all about.

"Bein is super simple fact: when I'm really tired, I'll ask for my resignation they m'augmentent"
"Huh?" But if you put your resignation is that you want t 'go, so they have no reason to detain you. "
"Rah la la, you do not understand. They know that if we replace, it's going to take time. They should get someone who has the same qualification, once they have found the form in short , it's all a waste of time and therefore money. And it does not say that the person they recruit better request a salary for them. In short ultimately it costs them less to us than allow us to increase spin. "

I was stunned by this discovery. But as incredible as it might seem to me a few other people confirmed me practice.

So it was any idiot, and it stood to boot!

battery was what I needed.

I decided to put my plan into action on Thursday and hit the head of the organization.
I will see the CEO face to face in his office, sit opposite him and said:
"President, I have something important to say!" And then I

began to feel ill.
I saw him lift his head and watch me. I had a big ball of hesitation.
It was he who hired me five years ago when I was an intern, he who has seen me grow throughout my first month, stagnate along the four and a half years that followed, prevented two time to hang myself in the very open space.
How would he take the news? Y
believe it even?
If so, this could affect it, to injure himself.
Any confidence gained that would shatter ...
But never mind, I had to throw.
"Well now, actually, you know, it's not easy, mais ce qui se passe c'est que..."
(Je pense que j'avais subtilement éveillé sa curiosité à ce moment précis)
"...je voulais te dire que j'ai eu une proposition et que..."

Pas le temps de poursuivre ma phrase. Son visage s'est illuminé, l'excitation a commencé à danser dans ses yeux, il semblé animé d'une joie immense et s'est écrié :
"C'est vrai ? Mais c'est une excellente nouvelle ça ! Enfin, je veux dire, pour toi quoi, c'est chouette !"

Oulà, non, ce n'est pas ce que je voulais moi.
Zut, en fait il ne doit pas réaliser, la nouvelle a du le bouleverser.
Je décide d'enfoncer the nail, so that the lie is so big that it does so down to Earth to get serious, he asks me what I am proposing the box sham to offer me more.

"cons But you know I'm supposed to do three months' notice, but actually I would reduce to two months."
"Yes, yes, no problem, I talk to HR, you'll see him tomorrow when you should bring him your resignation without fault." My world collapsed

, my ploy did definitely not going as planned.
But probably he would change his mind in the moments following.

So I left his office and I descended the stairs, just heard the noise of detonating a champagne cork that jumps, but without paying more attention than that.

The rest of the day very calm, I left quickly without looking back, except for a brief moment, just long enough to notice strange colored lights in the office of management and balloons floating through confetti rains, but probably an optical illusion caused by stress. The

difficult night, marked especially by the versions of my letter of resignation, which I eventually reduced to a minimum:
"You make me break, tcho!" The next

morning, trembling, I tip my office in which HRD whistling merrily.
"Aaaaaaaah, I waited for you!"

I timidly handed him my paper, takes it, read it.
"You know, there was much discussion with the president last night and was analyzed your request. In fact we would offer you something."

A glimmer of hope that lights, body heat which rekindled, perhaps I had languished for nothing, they would not let me go well with the time I had many of their become indispensable!

This sacred myth what the cons proposal was finally released myself, I was both frightened and impatient, like, from what I was told that they lived, what it feels like when a deflowering.

"You told us you wanted to leave after two months, we in fact it would suit you to leave us after a month and a half"

Hein, but no, I do not want to leave me, I have nothing to catch me again, out of the question that I agree!
"Ok, I'm fine"

Oh no, that's not what I meant. Damn, too late.

I spin the toilet vomiting twice. Before the third
retching, I have the right to raise the reflex sight.

I remain in my life office for the remainder of the day, people throwing me little glances as they passed me.

's it, the sound began to spread.
I had lied on the sequel, I say I wanted to keep it confidential.

More importantly, it was necessary that I find something to do once my notice over.

I was unaware at the time that the decision to go make more changes in my life than I had expected ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment